Sunday, August 8, 2021

    I woke up early that morning, not that I was disturbed or that I had a weird dream, but only because I slept early the previous night. It started as a very pleasant morning as I was taking a little walk on the terrace.

     And suddenly heard a sound of a cuckoo. It reminds me of a juvenile cuckoo that we found injured under a tree a few days ago. Its eyes and legs were badly damaged and despite our attempt to save the bird, we lost it. It reminds me of the vulnerability of every life, people that are gone, some by choice and some by death. Except to admit how time designs people around our life, nothing else made sense.

    What a way to start a day, with the thought of death. Thinking, I sat on the steps under the water tank just to realize the first rays of the sun on my face. I saw the rising sun. It was bright enough to blind me for the next few seconds. I saw it again and closed my eyes. I love that feel of the Sun with my eyes closed. From no where had this thought inside me, that I think I have seen enough of people changing shades and withering away. I no longer want to see it.

    Not that, I can't endure more of it but because I am at a point where it no longer matters, to what I do. 

                I wish to see more of life, sustaining, progressing, and thriving. 

    Soon I left home for work. That afternoon I was walking on the corridor of a hospital that I engage with as a consultant, for a long term. The place where everything and everyone is known to me. The Chief doctor is more of a friend and she had requested a meeting at this time of the day. That room was supposed to be the doctor's room but as I moved in, thinking to find her as usual, saw a girl on the bed trying to deliver a baby. The baby's head could be seen already. She pushed hard, screaming. 

   Here, the baby just came out like kissing this world, so known to me. It all happened in like few seconds and I was there utterly by accident. I moved out of the room quickly, still carrying with me the smell of the birth of a new life. 

    As guided, I was climbing the stairs to the new block, smiling behind my mask, 

    not only because of welcoming a life to this world,  

               not only because of seeing how the thoughts and events are connected,

               not only because of how the day progressed to be a memorable one,

               But for, I felt being listened!

No comments:

Post a Comment