Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Height scares me, sometimes.

Especially when I was in a tourist van in kodaikanal hills, along with friends, and particularly when the driver was steering in reverse, in a narrow lane. I was holding on to the armrest firmly when I saw this view through the window. 

I don't know what spark was that. 

I let myself off from all the holds, pushed my legs towards the front seat just to have some sense of support, reached out for my mobile, and captured this picture when the van was moving back. I don't know what I liked about this view. An old man? That umbrella? The mountains? The trees? The sky full of clouds? Or that moment of pause that you feel in a time of insecurity and fear?

There it is! One common thing in all of this.. the old man, the umbrella, the mountains, the clouds of the sky, and the trees...that they all are rested. 

When we are moving, when we sense fear, when we are uncertain, it is what we always hold on to, the ones that are calm, rested, and rooted!

Picture- Aug 28, 2021 @Kodaikanal




No comments:

Post a Comment