Monday, February 7, 2022

Meeting Tears!

I can hear you but can't see. Who are you? She asked.

I'm your tears, the voice said.

Haven't seen you for long. Not even when someone I love passed away, she said thoughtfully.

Yes, we had met only twice in the past decades, the tears replied.

People say it is good to have you but why do I struggle to find you? she questioned and continued,

I do feel. I do feel deep. But the very moment I sense you at the corner of my eyes, you abandon me. 

What happens to you at that moment? she asked her tears, in a puzzled tone.

Girl, don't blame me alone and share some responsibility. Tell me what happens to you at that moment when I am at the corner of your eyes? Her tears questioned back.

She closed her eyes, relived the troubled moments and said, when the times are tough, when there isn't options, when I feel disintegrated, when there isn't a shoulder or hands that I can absolutely trust, when the stakes are high, when I sense the responsibilities I alone can deliver, when I am at loss, and when you are at the corner of my eyes, I move on from that moment. I move on so quickly, to act.  

See, whose fault is it? The tears spoke softly.

No one's fault, it is how I'm made. May be when I was too young I might be lonely that I have learned to cope up by moving on swiftly, out of no choice. I am not certain, though, she said.

No, I have seen you from the moment you are born. You weren't lonely at any point of time. You are surrounded by people, you are the strength behind many, you are stable, you are reliable, you are loved and you are looked upon, the tears said.

Yes, there you got the answer, she replied to her tears. Thats why I hardly see you. But I am concerned too of missing you. Sometimes. I don't remember what it feels, to have you, She said.

You feel vulnerable, the tears said in a determined tone.

I don't mind being vulnerable. I am not scared of it. I can open up. It is just that, I haven't met a person who has more strength, more understanding, non-judgemental, non-manipulative, uncompromising, non-exploitative, values relationship, who has a purpose and a love for life. As she continued, the tears interrupted, 'you are very demanding and you can't find people like that'.

When you precisely know what kind of people you want, when you can search for them with honest intentions, you will find them. I have found few, she smiled.

So I am going to meet soon when you are awake, the tears enthusiastically asked.

Not anytime sooner. The time and distance is a challenge, she said in an unemotional tone.

It is as good as not found then, the tears teased her.

Yes, it is the thing about connecting with the best, she said thoughtfully.

And asked , Hey you said earlier that we haven't met when I am awake. What does that mean?

The tears replied, I am part of you. I know you. I love you. By nature, I protect you. So when you don't take that moment to let me out, when you move on quickly to act, when you don't open up to anyone for what ever the reason, after you had exhausted all the effort of mind and heart, when you fall asleep holding that aqua blue coloured pillow, I secretly, more gently slip out.

The tears replied.

What do you protect me from? She questioned in a detached tone.

From becoming cold !

The tears replied.






No comments:

Post a Comment